New to New Journey Church?
Welcome! New Journey Church, led by lead pastor Dave Woodcock, is a dynamic church that meets you right where you are. Whether you are just curious about church and God or you’re a committed Christ-follower, you are welcome here. A great place to get started is the questions and answers below.
Join us this weekend for one of our services!
When are your services?
Our worship service starts at 10:00am and last about an hour. Our service features excellent programs for children from birth through 5th grade. We recommend you arrive approximately 15 minutes before the service so you won't feel rushed.
What can I expect on my first visit?
As you enter the doors, our greeters will greet you with love and a smile and will be ready to give directions or answer any questions you may have. If you have children, you'll want to take advantage of our safe and secure children's services designed just for them.
As you enter the worship center, our hosts will welcome you, hand you our information-filled weekend worship guide. Then, sit back, relax, and enjoy the service!
What is a weekend service like?
Whether it is your first time, or you've been attending for years, you never know what to expect during service. From the moment you walk in the door, until the moment you leave, we are committed to a compelling and challenging presentation of God's truth.
Lead Pastor Dave Woodcock communicates in a way that speaks out of wisdom and love for all people. Pastor focuses on how to apply Christ’s teachings to our lives, so we each can experience God’s incredible purpose each and every day. The music wraps the weekend message in a relevant way with a diversity of artists and styles chosen for one purpose - to prepare your heart for what God has in store for you.
Where do I take my children?
You'll find first-class programs for your children, from birth through 5th grade. Our nursery, located just inside the main doors, offers a warm and caring environment for your precious ones.
Your children, from Kindergarten – 5th grade, will be at home in the New Journey Kids Church room. Your girls and boys will experience church like never before, with creative set designs, music, Bible stories and group interaction. These gathering times are created to present God's truth in fun and innovative ways. They won't want to miss a single service.
To provide a Christ-centered atmosphere that facilitates community and promotes spiritual self-awareness, while equipping individuals with the tools they need to realize their God-given purpose.
What We Believe
- The Bible is Inspired by God and declares His design and plan for mankind.
- There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- In the Deity of Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every Person Can Have Restored Relationship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
- We believe in and practice Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
- The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- A Divinely Called and Biblically Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- Supernatural Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- The Ultimate Hope- When Jesus Returns for His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with Him forever.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ- when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- We believe and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
Additional documents titled ‘Position Papers’ can be found on the AG USA website. These papers describe the Assemblies of God views on a variety of issues that are not addressed specifically in the belief statements above.